Streamlined Visa Processing, SVP in Australia under Temporary Visa (Subclass 573) | |

  Streamlined Visa Processing, Temporary Visa (Subclass 573)

Information about this Visa

Who is This Visa For
Streamlined visa processing, commonly known as SVP in Australia is student visa under sub class 573, designed for international students applying to study in Australia at a participating university.

Streamlined visa processing means these applicants are treated as though they are lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1) regardless of their country of origin.
Who is this visa for?
This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:
  • apply for your first student visa
  • apply for subsequent student visa
  • apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.

Your main course of study is one of the following:
  • Bachelor degree
  • Masters by coursework.

If you intend to undertake another course of study ahead of your main course of study, such as an enabling course, you may also be eligible for streamlined visa processing.

If you are applying in Australia for this visa, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.
How much will this visa cost?
You must pay a non-refundable visa application charge when you lodge your visa application. Visa cost depends on the currency conversion rates in that particular country.
What does the visa let me do?
With this visa:
  • you can study in Australia
  • eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
  • you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks
  • your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters by coursework degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
  • your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.

    Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.

Eligible Education Providers and Educational Business Partners - March 2013

Under: Migration Regulations 1994 - Specification under clauses 573.112, 574.112 and 575.112


Book Online